A year ago, I posted my Top 5 Girly Crushes. This year, I have surprisingly developed more crushes.

3. Iggy Azalea

“The real Barbie, betch.”

Iggy Azalea to me is neither cute nor gorgeous…she’s just really hot. A female rapper who oozes sex appeal with every photo she uploads on her Facebook which I stalk/creep on a regular basis. She’s my current eye candy obsession and the fact that she’s got a great sense of fashion and a rockin’ body to go along with it, makes it even better. She’s like a hybrid of Gwen Stefani and Lady Gaga, but spit rhymes like Charli Baltimore (I guess lolz).

I’m just not sure if I can get into her music, but at least she has her good looks to back it up, right guys?

2. Yolandi Visser

“Yippee ki yay muthafuckas!”

If there was a category for the hottest looking crackhead/meth addict she’d definitely take first place. Yolandi has been growing on me ever since I saw her rapping in a gloomy bear jumpsuit. It really also helps that she’s from South Africa ’cause thanks to one of my favorite movies District 9, I’ve grown quite fond of how South Africans pronounce their words. I freakin’ love their accents mang, and to top it all off, Yolandi has a very high-pitched mousy voice, thus every swear word that comes out of her mouth when she raps, is like sweet, sweet music to my ears.

Like Iggy Azalea, Yolandi also raps, but unlike Iggy Azalea, I truly enjoy listening to Yolandi’s music with her group Die Antwoord–which I will be seeing them live very soon, fok yeh!

1. Kimbra

Pretty sure we’d all settle down with her and raise a child.

And the biggest lady crush of all, goes to Kimbra! You can’t deny the fact that she has a crazy adorable face. And when you look closely, her mouth is like, really ginormous but that’s what gives her face so much character and beauty. And her hair, holy crap, she’s got so much thick hair that if you try to give her a noogie you would never reach her scalp.

Her talent and creativity is just as flawless as her head of hair. Kimbra’s voice is wonderful; I can’t really explain it but it reminds me of a person singing with their nasals all clogged up. I know, it sounds horrible–I’m sorry I’m just really bad at describing beautiful voices. As for her songs, they’re always fun, whimsical and even though they’re not “dance” songs, you can still dance with her music just fine. Also, I love the way she moves and dances.

Kimbra, you my #1 honey.

at first I thought the photo of Kimbra was a photo of you!!! such girly prettiness the both of you ;)

Now I can’t stop staring at Yolandi’s bangs…………………
    ………
    …….

Hahaha, seriously, that was the most flattering comment I have ever received. Thank you for mistaking Kimbra as me for a second. :P

Ya, Yolandi has some crazy ass bangs going on. The edges of her bangs are just really bold and defined, I can’t stop staring at it.

2. Uglyfish says:

As I was reading through this top two entries I was thinking “I wonder who my lady crush would be….probably Kimbra!” and I scroll down and see her! Made my day!
    Along with Kimbra would be Emmy the Great I think.

Yolandi has mazing hair! She really pulls that harshness off, most people would look a bit odd!

Oh my goodness, you look so much like Kimbra! I at first thought that picture was of you!! XD Totally digging Yolandi Visser’s style. :D

Yes, I love Kimbra as well. She’s so adorable to quirky.

5. JC says:

I hadn’t even heard of Iggy Azalea & Yolandi Visser (and to be honest, Yolandi Visser’s photo scares me) but Kimbra… now she’s gorgeous & talented! I think she naturally has the ‘little girl’ facial features so when she opens her mouth & lets those vocals out, it’s surprising.

Yeah, I don’t think a lot of people know Iggy. She’s an unknown female rapper who’s slowly starting to become popular. Slowly (lol).

Yolandi is no doubt pretty freaky looking, but I like her for more than her odd looks, which makes her even more attractive to me! :P

Haha, I second JC’s comment. I’ve never heard of the other two gals — and they both kind of scare me, too. lol :| BUT! Kimbra — yes, she’s gorgeous and quite creative. I can see the resemblance in you two, as well! :)

Ahaha! I had to look at your other girl crushes too, and I don’t think any of them are my type. Iggy and Yolandi are kind of scaring me with their fashion, but I think Kimbra is alright. At least from that photo, the dress is really cute, but for an entertainer, because I would never wear it.

Random thing to share: I always thought Adele was old because of her voice and style. But then I saw a picture of her face and found out she’s 24.

I don’t think I can even name one girl crush who isn’t a cartoon character from Naruto. There are a few female singers whose voices I really love (Amy Lee) or whose style I admire (Younha) but I’ve never felt like they were eye candy. My friends have called me sexist for this.

8. Shiri says:

All seem like very interesting ladies. But the only one I know is Kimbra. Should educate myself more on the other two :)

9. Kim says:

Somehow I just knew you would include Kimbra. It was a feeling. Weird huh? haha :) Your entry reminds me about the video I just watched recently from Jenna Marbles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylVlkv1el3Q

Anyway, if you’re wondering how I commented on a gillion of your entries in such a short period of time, I’ve been reading regularly <3 just not commenting. Been inactive with the blogging world once *again* lol. But with undergrad being over…maybe not anymore? We'll see o_O

10. Rafia says:

This is the first I’m learning of these ladies… but I love how unique they are. I think the fact that these woman embrace who they are is what makes them beautiful!

With that said, my current girl crush is — perhaps cliche (but I don’t get around much anymore) — Beyonce.

11. nyuu says:

I remember watching a few music videos of Kimbra :) She is really pretty! She looks really similar to you as well. You’re both gorgeous!

I don’t know Iggy and Yolandi, unfortunately ^^;; Kimbra is pretty though! I like her voice too. Oh, and I think that video was filmed in my city. We have SXSW every year here :D

I only have 2 female crushes: Olivia Munn and Sofia Black-D’elia from skins us ^ ^

14. Liza says:

3) You know, I really thought she was either Gwen Stefani or Lady Gaga at first, and I really like how you referred to her as a hybrid of of Lady Gaga and Gwen Stefani… Fits so perfectly and seems so true. She really is pretty, though. ^^

1) Wasn’t she in Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used To Know”? I watched the music video in full today for the first time, and then some other music videos of his; I really love his music videos because they’re more like films. …However he is totally not a part of the post you made, therefore I am so off-topic.

15. Kay says:

Megan Good is my girl crush!

16. Angel says:

Kimbra is such a brilliant musician!
    And you do, resemble her – what with the hair and bright lipstick. :)

Dude you’re like Kimbra’s twin sister! I love her, she really is an awesome musician ;)

18. Jessica says:

I absolutely ADORE Kimbra!! I can see why she’d be #1, hahaha! Settle Down is a great song, too, and I looove Good Intentions as well as Cameo Lover!

Hmm, I haven’t heard of the other two, but they seem very interesting!

I’d have to say Lana Del Rey, Kirsten Dunst (so random, but she’s so wonderful), and Barbara Palvin are my girl crushes! Oh, also

P.S: Your blog is so cute C:

19. Tiff says:

hahaha I love that you admit that Iggy’s music isn’t music to your ears, but she’s hot as australia during the summer, so she’s your girl crush.

Yolandi…sigh, I’m not where you are yet. I still think she just looks like a crack head/meth addict. Her music hasn’t rubbed off on me yet either. Like you said, she does sound mousy & it’s just so weird to me. I don’t know. I’m not sure if I can get into it. Maybe I can, maybe I can’t. I think the rapping is so odddd that maybe…it just won’t work. But anyway, hell yeah South African. haha, my physics TA was from South Africa. “If you’re from Africa, why are you white?”

Kimbra, absolutely agreeeee. She is adorable & she really does sound like she’s slightly got a congested nose when she sings. When I sing her songs, I actually try to sing in that way to imitate her voice hahahaha. But I love it! She’s amazing.