After a month of being sick, I’m finally starting to feel better. I mean yeah, I still cough like an old hag but it’s less severe and my nose is less runny.

I’ve been blogging less because Netflix was practically begging me to come back to them by offering another free trial, so I’m like, fine, you can have me just this one time. I’ve been using it to mainly watch the “Breaking Bad” series for the first time. It’s really good so far but nobody reminded me to buy a goddamn stress ball for that show.

I went to the store and bought myself a Betsey Johnson purse that was on sale for $10.

betseyjohnsonpurse

I don’t think I’d buy it for any higher. I’m sure somebody who worked in the store was thinking “Finally! Somebody bought this fugly looking Barbie purse.”

Yesterday, a man who went by the name of Dominador came into my work. That was his real name. I didn’t have the courage to call him by his name without chuckling like a little kid, and he doesn’t really live up to his name either. With a guy named Dominador, you’d expect him to walk in a room wearing a pair of ass chaps and start punching babies or something.

That’s all I have for now.

1. Nancy says:

I’m glad to hear that you’re feeling better! I barely remembered something… Since you were coughing for a good while, I hope you didn’t come down with the whooping cough!!

Netflix is awesome with their wide selection of shows and movies! I mostly use it to watch movies when I have plenty of time to kill since it’s really addicting.

You got yourself a cute purse there! For a great price too!

I wonder what Dominador’s parents were thinking when they named him. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were “geeky” back in their days. Haha XD.

Thanks Nancy!

With the name, I think it could be a Filipino thing. Only because that man was Filipino and I’ve known other Filipinos in the past who also have names with very powerful meaning to it. Lol.

V Reply:

The worse kind of Filipino baby naming convention is putting an H wherever it’s not needed. He should be thankful that he wasn’t named Dhominador. But I bet his nickname is Dhom. Hahaha.

haha that’s a great price for a purse
    funny story though about the guy with the name

“With a guy named Dominador, you’d expect him to walk in a room wearing a pair of ass chaps and start punching babies or something”

Thanks. Thanks for making me laugh so hard I practically shot hot chocolate threw my nose Lol.

4. Kimmy says:

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Being sick is never fun.
    The most I will spend on a bag is about 20. Any higher and I force myself to walk away. >.<

Also, I started watching Breaking Bad as well but stopped at season three because I was getting so frustrated.

5. ninnikuneko says:

I’m glad you’re feeling better again tiff! I’ve been ill since christmas and I’m still having a runny nose and a sore throat..
    bb is heavy stuff… sometimes I found myself hating this series because the story line is so f*cked up… but in the end, I guess I’m still a fan because I watched every epiode until now :)
    It’s good to take a break from it sometimes though… it can pull your mood down!

Glad you’re feeling better! It took me so long to get over my damn virus, and I STILL don’t fee 100% Spawn of satan.

Total creepoid comment, but I love your duvet!

“With a guy named Dominador, you’d expect him to walk in a room wearing a pair of ass chaps and start punching babies or something.” – I LOL’ed! <3

7. Denise says:

Glad to hear you’re feeling better :) It must be anoying to have a cold for over a month now! Damn, I’d be going crazy.

I love the purse, but I think I would buy it in an other color. Like black, white or pink.

8. V says:

Hey, nice to know you’re feeling better! ^^.

I’m glad you’re feeling better! I watched Breaking Bad on Netflix too. My husband loves it and caught up with the series, but unfortunately, I lost interest in 2nd season =/ I thought it started to move slower during that one.

That’s a cute purse and a great price for it too! haha, the name Dominador would make me crack up. I loved your comment about his name XD

10. A says:

Every time I come to your blog, I end up laughing my ass off! LOL Dominador.

That is a cute bag btw.

Hope you get better soon!!
    What else do you watch on Netflix?? I seriously watched Community on it.

Happy 2013!!!!!!

11. Christa says:

Great to hear you’re feeling better. I don’t cough anymore but I still have the runny nose and the ear problem. It seems the ear problem really hits when it starts getting cold at night…even though I’m in the house. Ugh.

Netflix is always good at offering a free trail just to get you sucked in to the TV. I kind of miss the last free trial I had but since we’re having post office issues, it’s not worth getting again until they’re figured out.

I like he purse! It’s been so long since I went into a store and bought one, but I really do need to buy one. The one I’ve been using I made a few years ago…I’m kind of just too lazy to make a new one, but I do have all the pieces cut out. At least I’m that far.

Oh my. I would have totally laughed at his name and wouldn’t have been able to help myself.

Haha dominator sounds like he should have his name annouced over a loudspeaker and a fog machine behind him as he enters the room. Thats not nice, why am I being mean? Cuz its fun XD

13. Meaghan says:

Glad you feel better! :3

Ugh, Netflix has pretty crappy movies. But their shows are amazing! I haven’t seen Breaking Bad yet, but from what I hear, it’s soooo good! I might have to plop down on my couch tomorrow (since I have no classes) & watch some episodes. c:

$10!? What a steal! You’re so lucky, I’ve always wanted to own something from Betsey Johnson. :c

LOL DOMINADOR. That must’ve been awkward for his school teachers lol.

Glad you’re feeling better! :)

I wouldn’t be able to stop giggling if I had to say that name. I had a patient named Mr Incredible once.. it was so weird calling out his name in the waiting room. He had rainbow coloured hair .. :p

15. Chanel says:

Dear Tiff,

Your blog inspires me to blog more. I fail at doing so. /sigh

Also – I’d like to invite you to become pen-pals of some sort! I saw it on another blog and figured why not try it. Feel free to say no, I’ll just go cry in a corner and stuff my face with cheetos.

Betsey Johnson’s stuff makes me feel…weird? I dunno. I wanted a pair of her socks from JC Penny’s once but not for $35..

lol ‘Dominador’…

16. Gayle says:

It’s good to hear that you’re feeling better! :)

Haha, the purse looks cute, I’ve seen something similar here and I think the price was around 2$ xD

Lol I know several people here whose name is Dominador and I know a lot more whose name is worse. And I guess it’s a Filipino thing xD In our classroom we often want to know each other’s parents’ names and call them that, and it’s so hard to stop laughing because some are just damn too funny.

I almost tried Netflix because of its cheap advertising, but I caught myself before being pulled by its trap. It’s just like HBO I believe? You pay each month for a selection of movies. Please correct me on the details.

Congrats on buying a purse that looks 20x better than the purses that cost 20x more. I don’t think it’s fugly at all. Barbie yes, but not fugly. I’ve seen too many Coach purses.

And now I want to change my name to Livinador. Am I the only one who thinks Dominador might not be an English speaker and it actually makes sense in another language?

Yes, you pay Netflix 8 bucks each month for a selection of movies and TV shows. They have a pretty big library so it’s really great for people who don’t watch TV regularly.

And Dominador actually means what you think it means.

Haha, yeah… Breaking Bad can be pretty intense! I love that show, though. I am anxiously awaiting for them to put the final season on Netflix.

Netflix has been a blessing in my home. We don’t own a tv so watching cable is out of the question. I’m currently watching Bones on Netflix and I’m addicted! You should give it a try if you haven’t seen it. :)

19. Ting says:

Ah your layout is so cute!

20. Cami says:

My stepdad came with Netflix and it’s awesome. I’ve surprisingly been able to keep a good and balanced relationship with the television still. ^_^
    Love the purse. $10 is like my limit on everything except shoes. “Is it under $10? No? Then I need to wait till it hits the sale rack.” ‘Cause you know it’s going to be there eventually. Full retail prices are such a rip-off if they are just going to put it on the sale rack in two weeks. That’s what I think anyway.

21. Sarai says:

Holy crap that purse is CUTE.

22. Kayla says:

Ugh I need to watch Breaking Bad. Everybody keeps telling me how great it is but I never get around to it!
    ‘start punching babies or something.’ hahahahah oh my God, I absolutely lost it laughing at that.