1. Got a new job: Although it is only a part-time position, one of the main benefits of working for this company is the possibility of getting to travel to different geek conventions in many different states. I’ve only been going to conventions in Southern California and I raaaaaaaarely do any kind of traveling outside of the state…so this is exciting for me!

2. Finally got to pose with the glorious orc statue that sits in front of Blizzard Entertainment’s headquarters: Gah. They have such a great workplace with nice and friendly employees. I wish I can work for them. :(

P4275322

3. Going to see a therapist for the first time: Not quite something to brag about but I’ve learned a new thing about myself. There are certain habits and quirks I have that–for many years–I thought was completely normal, or at least I thought I was just more sensitive than others. Turns out, it’s social anxiety. Hooray. I’m just glad that this disorder can be worked and improved on. Looking back, now I’ve noticed my anxiety helped contribute to some of my failures in the past (hint: #2).

4. I have a new favorite burger place: I’m always on the lookout for a good, hearty cheeseburger. Last week, muh boyfriend recently found an incredibly burger place with a pretty interesting scenery.

mickskarmabar

Not only are there burgers good but their drinks are really delicious and refreshing. Especially their strawberry lemonade drink–it has basil leaves in it!

P4285337 P4285341

Yes! This is what we get to see when we’re eating a delicious juicy burger. And yes, I have to be in every picture! If you guys are ever hungry in Irvine, CA, Mick’s Karma Bar is where you want to go. ;)

5. I don’t know, I just like this picture of my friend’s cats and my shoez:

P4295399

Oh, wow! Congrats on the new job! Sounds exciting + perfect for you. And who knows… maybe one day you WILL be working for Blizzard! You’d be such a great fit.

And also — congratulations on the therapy! Did you know that I have been going for almost two years now? I love it. It has helped me in.. so so many ways. I hope you get the most out of your sessions! I really wish you the best in that. Social anxiety… gah, I struggled with that for many years. Many years!

Thank you! Your comment pretty much made me feel a lot better already.

2. Jessica says:

Congrats on your new job! I’m in the process of looking for one too but it’s nowhere near as fun and exciting as yours. I wish I can find jobs that has travelling!

Also, congrats and I wish you the best of luck with your therapy sessions. I’ve been to a few sessions myself to cope with personal issues and I hate how people automatically assume you for the worse – it’s worth the time and effort to improve your lifestyle! I applaud you for taking the initiative!

Aww, congrats on the new job! :D You will be ace.

Don’t worry too much about the social anxiety, I myself used to have bad panic attacks when I was around 12 and still randomly get that ‘feeling’ from time to time, especially if I’m a little bit stressed. No biggy girl, and I hope you find ways to ‘manage’ it and feel better about it! :)

I would like to steal your friend’s cats. I don’t think she’d be too pleased. XD

4. Robin says:

Congratulations on the new job!

In response to the comment you left for Liza’s interview with me: I don’t see how my husband could have “had it all planned out” for us to meet again after two years. He had no way of knowing that I would choose to get on my personal computer, at home, and apply at the place where I would get a job and meet him again as a co-worker. He also had no involvement with applicants, interviews, or the hiring process. Maybe I should have provided more detail.

Thanks Robin!

Haha no, you didn’t have to provide more detail. I was only joking/being sarcastic but I guess it’s kind of hard to tell online.

Yay on your new job! I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun ;)

Okay, I need that orc statue in my front porch…and look at you, all cute and sassy with your hair pinned up and a pretty little skirt to boot.

Lastly, getting therapy is a brave step, and i wish you all the luck. Social anxiety aside, I’m sure your amazing personality will always come through.

6. Ela says:

That is a great view to have while munching on a burger. I wish I could find places like that here.

Oh, and good luck in therapy! I hope you’ll find it a learning experience. :)

7. Xian says:

Hello :)
    Dropping by :D Very cool blog! :D
    Congrats on your new job!
    And those are very nice pictures too :D

8. Sarai says:

Congratulations on the new job! Where did you get your fab shoes??

Thanks! It’s Payless :-X

9. Michelle says:

Yay that a lot has happened to you. Nay for social anxiety. Therapy is never easy but I know it has helped me greatly and made me function better in the real world.

That’s cool about your job even if it is part time.

Congrats on the new job!

I started seeing a psychologist this year too. It’s so enlightening. You live your whole life thinking something or the way you feel is “normal” and then you realise it’s not. You feel more empowered in a way.

Congrats on your new job! That’d be so cool if you got to travel to different cons. The only one I go to outside of Texas is PAX East, but I’d like to see other ones.

Wah, I love that a lot of game companies have cool statues of characters from their games. I was at the Irrational office, and they have a Big Daddy one!

I’m glad you found out that it was social anxiety at least. I hope the therapist goes well and helps :)

Yummm, that burger looks delicious! I love having a good burger. It makes me sad when a burger patty isn’t cooked properly, such that it isn’t juicy anymore.

Aww, cute cats!

congrats on your new position
    and love the orange kitty! :d