Dear family, friends and acquaintances,  if you can just stop asking me these questions, forever, that’d be great. Thanks.

Q: “Why do you need to wear braces? It looks like your teeth are already straight.” (When I had braces)

A: It means that the braces are working, and without them, my teeth wouldn’t have been straight in the first place.

Q: “Why do you need to exercise? You’re already skinny!”

A: I’m not doing it to lose weight, I’m doing it to stay healthy and build some muscle in various parts of my body.

Q: “When are you getting married?”

A: When are you going to purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka?

Q: “Have you finished school yet?” / “What university did you attend?”

A: I never did.

Q: “How much money do you make?”

A: No.

I like how you’re so frank in your answers. Also, some of those questions are really nobody’s business so they shouldn’t even be asked. *face palm* Why would anyone ask anyone how much they make? Nosey people.

2. Lyn says:

Would it be weird to just print this on some cards and hand them out prior to any further contact with certain people?

Unfortunately these questions are not limited to family, but also “pseudo-family” members. -___-

Those are really rude questions. That first one is like asking “Why do you say you wear glasses when you don’t?” to people who wear contacts. People need to nose out.

When people ask me stupid questions, I’ve started to give stupid answers. And they believe me.

So, when are you purifying yourself – that one is the winner of the day.

4. Esme says:

They are pretty annoying questions. I’ve never actually been asked those before, which I guess is great, because I would probably be pissed at the person who asked :S. But gee those questions are pretty personal.

5. Clauie says:

I really hate that exercise question too. A lot of people associate the words diet and exercise to losing weight, and it come to the point when it irritates the hell out of people.

I feel like people place too much importance on people’s relationship and school status. It’s really none of their business! Right now I’m faced with the “when will you have a baby” question, which is also annoying.

The first question is funny though, haha. It means the braces are doing their job at least! I also don’t like it when people only associate exercise with losing weight. It’s something everyone should be doing for their health, regardless of their weight and body type.

7. Rusty says:

People are dumb.

Bahah but seriously, it’d irritate the shit out of me if I was constantly asked annoying questions like that. >> Usually I answer questions like that in the most rude way, though. EG; Q: “How much money do you make?” A: “Obviously more than you.”

xDD

8. Gabi says:

Sometimes I wonder why I’m so bad at small talk, but I think it’s because I don’t ask questions like these and these are the questions small talk consists of.

I got my hair done by the most suburban suburban mom I have ever met last week, so I had to sit through approximately forty-six minutes of this. “Are you dating? Are you looking for a job? Would you like to borrow my Brazilian Butt Lift tape?”

Okay, I may or may not have answered yes to the last one. But still. I feel your pain.

9. Kim says:

Yeah, those kinds of questions make you want to face palm. Some of those q’s are kind of…really stupid, so maybe we can just let it slide in case these people are having bouts of blonde moments…or are just not very smart people. :P But otherwise, I hate it when people are so noisy about other people’s lives. I suppose if you’re doing super well it can be a nice thing to ask, but I feel like their real intentions are to judge you and possibly one-up you -_-

10. Liz says:

I keep getting asked what school I plan to earn a degree from. I don’t plan to ever own a degree at all. It’s actually nice to find another blogger who didn’t go to university. :p

I think that people who ask such questions, though, are just nosy. Sometimes, people want to figure out a way and a reason to intimidate another person, then blame it on that person for telling them the way to do that.

11. J.T. says:

I can relate to the exercising question and being skinny. I get asked that quite a bit. People are so closed-minded to the fact that you don’t have to be over weight just to work out. It’s for health and the body. I’ve asked if I was married a few times…I hate it when people use it as a pick up line. -_-

12. Denise says:

Lol, the last question. Did someone seriously asked you that question?

Great list of annying questions. Those are really annoying indeed. It’s not their business so don’t ask those questions -.-

THIS! Some people are so ignorant. ><;

14. Ongaku says:

Haha! I love your answer to when are you going to get married. XD Nice one, I need to think of something good for questions like that. I hate when people are like, but why don’t you want to get married or why don’t you want kids. Or worse, when they say you will someday. humph

15. Gayle says:

Some people should start thinking first the questions they’re going to ask! It’s just irritating. Ahaha. I’m planning to have braces due to some minor gap on my teeth but I still don’t have it and part of the reason why is people asking why I have them. I have a pretty low tolerance for stupid questions and people. Eek.

16. Agent Q says:

I laughed throughout this post because I can seem myself answering these questions the same way you did…okay, maybe except the “when will you get married?” one. That response was witty and excellent.

17. Hiro says:

The first one is the best. Ffffff.
    I exercise within my means, and I’d like to lose another 7 or so lbs, but more than that, I just want to be stronger and healthier. :( I wish we could drink a protein drink and instant muscles…

The best question I’ve been asked is, “Do you speak Asian?”

Oh heavens, I used to hate that braces questions. Like, really? C’mon son! (my best Gus from psych)

19. Tess says:

Haha the third question is truly an irritant that I’m sure everyone’s experienced at least once in their life!

20. saki says:

Wow! The first question is kinda insane! Something similar happens to me all the time since I wear eye glasses… people keep asking why I wear them now since I never wore glasses for about 20 years of my life and all I can reply is “are you blind or something?”. Sometimes people ask questions I couldn’t even imagine!

What some people don’t understand is that skinny people can have flabs too! In areas like the arms and the tummy. And just because one’s skinny doesn’t mean she’s healthy!

22. Susanne says:

I totally agree that those questions are annoying.. or stupid. Or none of anyone’s business. And about the exercise… that’s so dumb. Do they really think that people exercise ONLY to lose weight? Ignorant..

23. Kay says:

The first question has always been annoying. I want to get braces but everyone is talking about I’m too old.

how do you even answer the marriage question… it involves two people, as if one person can just decide -_-

I would probably just answer all of those questions with NO. haha.. not even going to start on the one about braces

Sometimes I wonder if people even think before asking questions, or is it that they are just so nosy that they don’t care? I’ve known since I was like four that asking someone how much they make is incredibly rude. Also I forgot that the only thing that makes you worth anything as a person is college and marriage (/sarcasm). People…

26. Melissa says:

Yeah those questions are annoying. Especially about the exercising, it’s not only about to lose weight? Oh well… some of them will never understand anything I guess. XD

27. Tiff says:

hahaha I love when people ask me why I’m trying to eat healthier or watching what I eat or why I feel like I need to go to the gym more often. As if being fat is the only reason you should care about these things….health, people, health.

I get asked the marriage question a lot from my mom, jokingly of course. As if you can answer this when you’ve got other important things to deal with!

So invasive of someone to ask you how much you make. I think the best types of people are the ones that just tell you when you don’t ask, just to brag. Shut up, I actually give 0 effs how many 0s appear on your check!!!

28. Cami says:

Oh that last one, how fun.
    I don’t think I’ve had any of these questions posed to me. It’s what people think of me when I walk by that kinda creeps me out. Like, do they think I am too skinny and therefore have eating problems? Do they wonder why they never see me with a guy, like ever. *sigh* And stuff like that…