Oy, what’s become of me?

I once blogged here nearly every other day and it has trickled down to updating once a month. I don’t like being inconsistent like this but I am only human, and being human, I am easily distracted by other things. ¬†What other things, you ask?

1. Instagram

Instagrammy

It’s possible that if I never signed up for an Instagram account, I’d be here on this blog more often. It’s a terrible because Instagram isn’t really for blogging either. It’s mainly for pictures and yet, it has kept from updating my blog consistently. The majority of my Instagram uploads also automatically posts to my Tumblr, and for that, I’m getting significantly more followers on both Instagram and Tumblr.

Gaining followers isn’t everything but it does give me motivation to be on those sites more often. I’ve had this blog for 5+ years and have gained a little over 100 subscribers, whereas my six-month-old Instagram profile has already gained 100+ followers.

2. Crafting armor / Cosplay!

worbla

I started cosplaying in 2009 but have only created costumes about every other year. This year and last year, I’ve been making a little more and have been enjoying every minute of it. For the current costume I’m working on, it’s going to be a little more armor-heavy and it’s my most ambitious project thus far. I hope I will be able to debut it for Blizzcon 2013. Fingers crossed!

3. Hearthstone beta

hearthstone

Hearthstone is an online strategy card game and it’s hella-freakin’ addictive and fun as hell. I can’t wait when this game gets released to the public because the world needs to play this.

4. Lifting weights/ Hitting the gym

mirrorgym

I’ve recently got myself a personal trainer because I’m lazy and need a real ass-whoopin’. I’ve tried exercising in the past and have always given up after two weeks, simply because all I’ve been doing is cardio, and cardio is quite the snorefest for me. My personal trainer has introduced me to weight-lifting and I’ve been hooked on it ever since.

Grrrr, look at me, muscles!!!!

Despite all of these distractions, I don’t think I can never make myself close this blog. I’ve had it for way too long and I’ll keep it running to the end.

1. Jessica says:

Whooo, props to you for getting a personal trainer. I have friends that lives in the gyms and could be my trainer if I asked them but I’m just waaaaaay too lazy to to anything.. even though I know I’m really out of shape, haha. Bravo for those who can commit to the gyms!

It seems like you are just finding more things to do that is not related to blogging, and that’s perfectly okay! I find it troublesome to update these days but since I don’t believe in hiatus I just write whatever. I’m sure interests and shift and change and that’s how we motivate ourselves.

I only recently realized you can easily gain followers on Instagram, especially with the types of photos you post (Cosplays) as well as mine (New York City). Tumblr is pretty fast too, I know I have 200+ followers on an advertising blog and most of them were gained in one night.

3. Liz says:

I keep coming across things to do other than blogging. :x Some may be the web, and then some may just not be.

Instagram’s addicting. :x The pain that I have with it, though, is that my phone doesn’t take such nice pictures.

Hearthstone looks pretty and interesting. :3

4. Sarai says:

I’ve always wanted to try a personal trainer AND strength training but I just haven’t gotten around to it. I hear so many good things about it though.

5. Jenny says:

Your reasons to why your blogging has come to halt seem pretty reasonable to me! haha

I actually think cosplay/making costumes is the coolest, hugest, most exciting type of hobby ever, so props to you. I don’t do either, but I sure wish I did. Can’t wait to see your future cosplays.

I totally see what you mean about Hearthstone beta. Haven’t played it, but it seems that League of Legends to me is Hearthstone to you…oh poor blogs.

I only wish I could say that my lack of blogs is because I’ve been pumping iron. That photo of you is gold by the way!

I’m into Instagram more than I thought I’d be XD I think it’s fun because it’s easy to just browse through photos, so I like checking it often.

I love seeing your cosplay progress! Your armor looks soooo cool. It’s motivating me to give it a try, but I need to think of a character I want to do first, haha. I can’t wait to see your current project finished! I’m curious as to what it is!

My husband wants to be in the Hearthstone beta so bad. He bugs me daily to see if I got an invite yet, so he can steal it from me. (I hope he gets in soon, so he can stop asking me about it.)

That’s awesome that you got a personal trainer. That sounds like a good way to stay in shape and motivated. I probably need one too!

If I ever get Hearthstone beta codes, I’ll be sure to send you one, and from there, you can decide whether to keep it for yourself or give it to your husband. lol :P

You should totally try armor! Obviously, I would start something small first. I know that a lot of cosplayers who generally started out wearing mostly fabric costumes first–when they wore their first armor outfit, it was really uncomfortable for them. Just because the difference of wearing fabric vs armor is so big. >< Otherwise, armor makes you look like a total badass! :D

7. Katy says:

My blog is always the first to go too when I get busy. I’m trying to write more now but I know my number of posts will die down once my project gets into pre-production again.

Good luck on the working out!! It’s good that you invested in a personal trainer to push yourself. Definitely shows that you are committed!

I totally feel you, I’ve been hella neglecting my blog lately because I’ve had so much stuff going on. :( Meep.

I love seeing your Cosplay pictures and progress on Instagram. :D And get you with your Beta VIP only game, ahaha!

9. Tiff says:

bahah I feel you on the Instagram follower to blog ratio! It’s honestly so much easier to have people follow you on Instagram than it is to get people to follow you on a blog. People are lazy & don’t want to read! Whatever. I signed up for Tumblr earlier this year & gained … I don’t know, 10 followers within a few months just by posting up some things off my website!! IT TOOK ME LIKE 2 YEARS TO EVEN GET 10 FOLLOWERS ON BLOGLOVIN’. DAFUQ. Whatevz, it’s okay, like you said, it’s not everything, but it makes you want to be on those sites more because there’s more demand over there than on your blog.

Damn girl, look at you gettin’ fit! Good for you. I … would hire myself a personal trainer if I had an income haha. But speaking of addictive games, you should play the Hobbit game with meeeee & we WILL DESTROY EVERYONE.

OH ALSO, I nominated you for a Liebster award soooo you can use those questions for a filler post since you haven’t updated in a month. ;)

10. Erin Nicole says:

I know what you mean. I’ve had temptations to close my blog, too. Due to wordpress getting hacked when I did use wordpress and then having complaints with people about having only Disqus comments…and so much other stuff BUT alas it is still alive. I don’t think I could ever kill it between having this domain name for 2 years now and InkedByErin.info for about 4-5 years before that…I am too obsessed with the names. XD
    I think the worst I could do is switch back and forth between the names…Which makes me wonder what the hell I am going to use IBE for. I kinda want to make it into a hosting site but I have HeartBox.me which could use the tagline, “Put your heart in a box and go with hosting that loves your box so much!” or something stupid like that. Bahahahhaa. Hate slogans/taglines. :P

I don’t think that those kind of online games are for me. I’m just more of a Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, The Sims, Roller Coaster/Zoo Tycoon kind of person. :P I’m not a hardcore gamer either. I just play when I feel like it. :D

You look good! I can’t wait until I can afford a personal trainer (which I plan to be able to do AFTER I have kids (as your body is in worse shape then (usually) than any other time)). I would look so amazing! :D
    I have issues with exercising as well…I stop after a day of using Jillian’s 30-Day Shred…I am so sore that I can’t pick it up the next day. I can barely sit down on the toilets to pee after a week of doing it. (pushed myself one horrible feeling week) Lol so yeah…I bet I would feel better after two weeks or more but still…TOO MUCH SORENESS. I hate soreness. Can’t stand it. & Yet I am in the worst shape of my life right now. :/

11. Jen says:

Updating once a month is much better than updating once a season. *hangs head in shame*

Instagram is so easy..too easy, isn’t it? Instant gratification. It’s hard not to be hooked on that.

12. Agent Q says:

Love that armor costume! I hope everything goes according to plan. It’s ambitions, which makes its accomplishment all the more meaningful.

Also, I think a monthly update is a fairly decent amount. Then again, that’s my standard, given my tight schedule. We all have lives after all. :D

13. Gretch says:

I don’t really use instagram… but I could relate because Tumblr’s been distracting me too!

And I haven’t tried Hearthstone but I do admit I’ve been addicted to games too. There were times when I spent the whole night playing games even if I have to wake up early in the morning. Oh well. =w=

I can’t wait to see how that armor’s going to look like once it’s completed! I’m sure it’s going to be awesome as always ♥

14. Kayla says:

Ahh I know what you mean. I’ve been finding it insanely hard recently to actually sit down and blog. But I’m the same – no matter how infrequent it gets, I can’t seem to see myself closing down my site!

15. Vivian says:

Ahhh been waiting for my Hearthstone beta key forever and still haven’t gotten it. At least the open beta is coming out next month though – can’t wait!