Last month, I did my first ever cosplay photoshoot with Tom Hicks! Thought I’d share some of these awesome photos with guys. I was very limited in posing so I hope these photos don’t appear too stagnant. Though I think the quality of these photos with the awesome background, lighting and fire (FIRE!) really makes up for the lack of variety in poses.

IMG_3417

Cosplay is now such a big part of my life, heck, it’s in a way, my fill-time job (not as a cosplayer but working for a cosplay retailer). Most of my hobbies come and go, but this one has stayed with me since 2009.

IMG_3422

ALL DIS RAAAAAAAAGE!!!

IMG_3438

I’m looking forward to starting on new costumes for the new year. I hope to step out of my comfort zone and start sewing because I reeeeeally want to use more fabric!

IMG_3510

1. Mija says:

again, very impressive cosplay!!! I love armor pieces, how long did it take to make?

Thanks Mija! It took me about three months to make it, but I did slack off a lot though hehe.

Badass costume! You look AWESOME!

3. Sean says:

Wow, that’s an amazing costume. I’ve never heard of a cosplay retailer before, I thought everyone who cosplayed for the most part made their own costumes.

What is your weapon made out of? Styrofoam?

Ah, I should’v been a bit more specific. I work for a cosplay WIG retailer, but still, there are actually online stores and people who offer services for making costumes.

Now that cosplay is getting pretty popular, not everybody makes their own thing now.

The weapon is made our of expanding foam and covered in thermoplastic.

when I first saw the photos of your costume my jaws dropped :0

it’s such an amazing costume and the details were so well done!!!

congrats on the whole thing and the photoshoot as well :D

5. Hallo Tiff!

Finally back to blogging and stumbled upon your blog again. Great cosplay photos btw!

Your cosplays are always so great! ;-; Makes me wish I had the patience to make things of my own like that.

You are amazing btw! <3

The photos look great and really show off your costume! I’m still in awe of your amazing armor making skills :D I hope to step out of my comfort zone in cosplay too, except I’ll hopefully be trying props. (I really want to make a Portal gun for my Chell costume!)

7. Uglyfish says:

Wow! That’s insanely good! I’m really jealous of your skill! The lighting of the photos really brings out the colours in the costume, it’s lovely. The fire is so orange too, did he use flame gel? It’s a very intense colour. One day I will try cosplaying, but I’ve such a strange shaped face, it’s nice just looking as excellent examples such as yours!

8. Tess says:

One word. WOW! Good for you and it’s soooo cool that you’re able to apply yourself wholly to your ultimate hobby! The photography looks amazing. Are you having a next photoshoot as well? I’ll be looking forward to it!

9. Kim says:

Wow you look like you just came out of a video game! So cool! :D And, I can feel all that rage in the second pic, lol.

10. Shannon says:

That costume is awesome! Awesome photos too!

That costume is freaking amazing! How did you make it? Paper mache? It looks so real and solid like actual armour!

12. Carrie says:

WOW!!! Your photos are AWESOME!!! Nicely done :) I’m totally jealous.

13. Ashley Watts says:

Are you planning on any big cons this year? Maybe I should harass you to help me with my Dr.Horrible cosplay and perfecting my Kiki! ;) I wish to be able to make some awesome cosplay stuff like you’re creating!

14. Tiff says:

DANG GIRL U SPARKLIEZ.

Cosplay outfit looks amazeballs. I don’t even know how you manage making these outfits without sewing, but dannnnnnng, that weapon looks really good. I’ve seen a lot of cosplay outfits look really poorly made & just…you know, sloppy, but yours is some high end ish right there. You lookin’ fierce.

15. iitu says:

That is really cool costume! Even I don’t know what costume that is, but still!
    You made whole costume?

I also found your blog just and I think it’s really nice. You have funny posts, I think :)
    I need to browse whole blog when I have time!

16. Penda says:

Good job! Love the second photo especially (i love it when you act all maniacal and stuff). It’s great that you’re doing something you love full-time. I love blogging and wish I could do it full-time. But heck, I have school and insistent parents.

Nice cosplay btw, I agree with the other Tiff. You look fierce!