Yep. I’m quite proud to say that I did stuff on the weekends. Lots of stuff. I made sure to take pictures as well to document the funnitude. This entry’s a bit picture-heavy, but hopefully you won’t be bored!
Went out with my two closest buddies, Jules and Pris, to try shaved snow for the first time. This is seriously the best thing I’ve ever tried this year. The “snow” is so light and delicate that it almost feels like you’re only eating cold air…delicious cold air. This is the best thing to eat for the summer.
The place is called Snow Station. We ordered two large plates and I went again with my boyfriend on Sunday to eat them again. :-X
So Pris rides a motorcycle now (I know, right!?). When I was watching her getting ready to go home after our fun filled snow-noming adventures, I had to snap a picture of her in her glorious biker form.
Went to my nephew and niece’s communion, then had dim sum with my family afterwards.
This was the last day of Renaissance Faire, so my boyfriend and I decided to go. I can’t believe this is already my 5th year attending, and I still love going there every time. Most people who dress up are so damn into it and they’re really nice and friendly. They love getting their pictures taken (with all of that work they put into their costumes, you’d be too), and I love taking pictures of them. It all works out!
You can check out the rest of the photos at the Flickr!
1. Got a new job: Although it is only a part-time position, one of the main benefits of working for this company is the possibility of getting to travel to different geek conventions in many different states. I’ve only been going to conventions in Southern California and I raaaaaaaarely do any kind of traveling outside of the state…so this is exciting for me!
2. Finally got to pose with the glorious orc statue that sits in front of Blizzard Entertainment’s headquarters: Gah. They have such a great workplace with nice and friendly employees. I wish I can work for them.
3. Going to see a therapist for the first time: Not quite something to brag about but I’ve learned a new thing about myself. There are certain habits and quirks I have that–for many years–I thought was completely normal, or at least I thought I was just more sensitive than others. Turns out, it’s social anxiety. Hooray. I’m just glad that this disorder can be worked and improved on. Looking back, now I’ve noticed my anxiety helped contribute to some of my failures in the past (hint: #2).
4. I have a new favorite burger place: I’m always on the lookout for a good, hearty cheeseburger. Last week, muh boyfriend recently found an incredibly burger place with a pretty interesting scenery.
Not only are there burgers good but their drinks are really delicious and refreshing. Especially their strawberry lemonade drink–it has basil leaves in it!
Yes! This is what we get to see when we’re eating a delicious juicy burger. And yes, I have to be in every picture! If you guys are ever hungry in Irvine, CA, Mick’s Karma Bar is where you want to go.
5. I don’t know, I just like this picture of my friend’s cats and my shoez:
Now that I have my bacon post out of the way, I can post the rest of my Thanksgiving. I did have the usual food typically served for Thanksgiving and it all tasted wonderful. For desserts, we had peach pie, pumpkin pie and tiramisu.
The following day, I participated in the Black Friday sales by waking up around 5 AM to go to Micro Center. Getting there really early was totally worth it because we were ahead of so many people. As soon as the store was open, the long line of nerds started to move forward and I automatically noticed two guys cut in line, really casually, in front of two women who were a few people ahead of us. What made it really annoying was that those two women were oblivious and did nothing to serve justice for us victims standing behind them, who actually woke up early and waited in line.
People, don’t fregin’ let strangers cut in front of you, especially when they’re not cutting behind me. If you see someone trying to get into your spot, simply tap on their shoulders and say “the end of the line is that way.” You don’t even have to be mean about it. I should have approached them had I known the derpiness of these two women. Oh well, I can only hope that those two cutters will get arthritis in the future or something (I kid! I kid!).
Anyway, what matters is that I got what I wanted, for very good deals. I got the latest and greaters computer parts. Once I have all the parts I need, Matt will help me build a fancy new computer so I can finally play video games with high graphic definition and load up other programs really fast (we’re talkin turbo fast).