1. Got a new job: Although it is only a part-time position, one of the main benefits of working for this company is the possibility of getting to travel to different geek conventions in many different states. I’ve only been going to conventions in Southern California and I raaaaaaaarely do any kind of traveling outside of the state…so this is exciting for me!
2. Finally got to pose with the glorious orc statue that sits in front of Blizzard Entertainment’s headquarters: Gah. They have such a great workplace with nice and friendly employees. I wish I can work for them.
3. Going to see a therapist for the first time: Not quite something to brag about but I’ve learned a new thing about myself. There are certain habits and quirks I have that–for many years–I thought was completely normal, or at least I thought I was just more sensitive than others. Turns out, it’s social anxiety. Hooray. I’m just glad that this disorder can be worked and improved on. Looking back, now I’ve noticed my anxiety helped contribute to some of my failures in the past (hint: #2).
4. I have a new favorite burger place: I’m always on the lookout for a good, hearty cheeseburger. Last week, muh boyfriend recently found an incredibly burger place with a pretty interesting scenery.
Not only are there burgers good but their drinks are really delicious and refreshing. Especially their strawberry lemonade drink–it has basil leaves in it!
Yes! This is what we get to see when we’re eating a delicious juicy burger. And yes, I have to be in every picture! If you guys are ever hungry in Irvine, CA, Mick’s Karma Bar is where you want to go.
5. I don’t know, I just like this picture of my friend’s cats and my shoez:
Ever since I got the iPhone back in January, I feel like I’ve been buying iPhone cases more than I probably should. Well rest assured, I’ve decided to stop buying them for a while because I found the iPhone case to end all iPhone cases:
Hells yeeeeeeaaahhhhh!!!! This is one of the cutest cases I’ve ever seen. Chara-Covers, the company who makes them, offers other comic book characters as well–both Marvel and DC–such as Harley Quinn, Batman, Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Captain America, Iron Man and the like.
The box it came with is practically cool enough to not throw away. And as you can see, it has shock protection. Major plus for a clumsy gal like myself.
Here it is out of the box and attached to my phone. I changed some of my settings so that the wallpaper shows a chibi Wolverine and every time I get a text message, the phone makes a, wait for it…a SNIKT! sound. Yeah, I’m just way too into my phone right now.
I already read some of the disadvantages to having this case (ie: it doesn’t cover the front side) before making the purchase so I’m well-aware of its minor flaws. However, the awesome details to this item and the amount of compliments I receive because of this case is just SO damn worth it.
Finally, WonderCon is over and that means I can go back to blogging a little bit more often until San Diego Comic-Con starts creepin’ up…and then it’s crunch time again. For the past week, I’ve worked my ass off to get my costume done in time for WonderCon. I was so damn close to finishing until I had to sew something. Yeah, sewing is not my forte. I decided to not rush my costume and instead take some time to learn the basics of sewing. Man, I hate sewing.
Oh yeah, so where as I? Right. WonderCon in Anaheim! This was my first time going to WonderCon. It’s like most other video game & comic book conventions, but still very fun nonetheless.
One of the highlights of this event was getting to see David Yost (Billy from The Power Rangers). This guy was part of a show that I’ve loved and watched religiously as a young child. To be able to stand just a few feet away from the original Blue Ranger himself was still rather mind-blowing to me.
A few tables next to David Yost’s is the Soup Nazi! Holy shite! Anyone who has watched Seinfeld before should know how absolutely phenomenal this is. The Soup Nazi has his own booth. There are t-shirts, giant soup soups and hats that says “No soup for you!”
I went on a Sunday so as expected, the cosplays were more toned down and/ half-assed. Though, there were some that really stood out from the rest, costumes that made you say “Dayum, das tight,” such as Nightwing and Cable (whom, at the time I thought was an older version of Cyclops…I’m a dolt!).
And speaking of cosplay, here’s my progress so far. I’ve gotten a lot done–if I can’t finish this in time for SDCC then well, I suck.